Learn more about dental history than ever before, in one user-friendly infographic
Do you know all of your dental history? It most likely dates back much further than you think – how about 7000 BC! Check out the very detailed infographic on the history of dentistry below, which is provided by TodaysDentist.org. The image covers many methods, tools, and influential people that you may or may not know about, but would be great knowledge to pass around the dental office!
This is an easy, fun way to learn about where everything we know about dentistry began! Leave a comment below on what you think about some of the facts listed in the infographic or if you have any other fun historical facts that were left out. Feel free to share with your dental colleagues as well.
Here are a few quick bullet points on what we found most interesting:
- 3000 BC – Ancient Egyptians cleaned their teeth by rubbing them with twigs and leaves
- 500 BC – First forms of toothpaste were used in China and India
- 1498 – First bristle toothbrush was invented in China
- 1859 – 26 dentists formed the American Dental Association (ADA)
- 1949 – Oskar Haggar developed the first system of bonding acrylic resin to dentin